PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Exclusive Terran Republic Character Model
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-13, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Re: Exclusive Terran Republic Character Model

The character models looks very Unreal Engine 3ish to me. Would explain (somewhat) how this sequel is being released relatively fast if they use an existing engine. I can imagine then that they had already started work on the Planetside infrastructure before that survey was released, just nothing specific, but the general stuff that would apply to pretty much all scenarios (large open world battles, vehicles, etc.).

[nerd mode: on]
Looking very nice. Can NOT wait for more solid info and to actually play this game again.... Urgh. The anticipation is a mix between being 6 years old and awaiting christmas eve and being 90 years old and awaiting the grim reaper. I can't WAIT to play this beast of a game again, but on the other hand I fear that they might not to the sequel justice. Any words like instanced, PvE, Classes or 2 factions (+1 NPC faction) will send chills down my spine.

Please please please be like PlanetSide, please please smed I beg you I will be your personal slave for the rest of your life just DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!11one!!!!nine11!
[ /nerd mode off]

*ahum*

PS. Shout out to all Purple Valor (werner VS) soldiers that might be browsing! Hope to be playing together again in this.