PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why you shouldn't plan on playing PlanetSide 2 on a laptop
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: Why you shouldn't plan on playing PlanetSide 2 on a laptop

One thing most people dont think about in a smaller and cheaper laptop, is AMD Llano. I got one in my laptop, got a steal on the price at just under $400 (i think more realistic now is 500 and only if you get a good deal). I originally got this just to run my camera to from my telescope when in the field. However i threw some games on for the heck of it to see how they'd run. And holy crap, they all run great. I'll easily play PS2 on this.

I can run WoW at pretty high settings and even in orgrimmar during primetime its still smooth. I run crysis 2, L4D2, Dead Island, Dirt 3, PS1, everythign runs great. Its an AMD 6620 gpu built in, while not uber, its gonna run anything out there just fine, esp if you turn off some of the more over the top settings you cant even see anyway on the smaller screens. Until intel puts out mobile chips with decent GPU's, unless you are spending a sizable amount to pay for the higher cost Intel chip plus additional discrete graphics on top of that, i would go AMD Llano hands down. This is definately true if you go in the 13 to 14 inch laptop range where the chips work great for most whatever you can throw at it.

Keep in mind, im saying im impressed and my desktop runs an oc'd gtx 580 + OC'd i7-2600k, so my standards are not low.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.