PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Instant Action E-Sports and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Instant Action E-Sports and PlanetSide 2

Great video with a lot of good points. I'm glad to hear that the Devs are focusing on holding matches on different servers.

I'm imagining platoon-scale, 30-minute matches, all fighting over an island; two mountains at opposite ends (the spawn), an open plain with a central outpost containing three control points. Each second holding a control point gives your team +1 to your score, control all three simultaneously and you get +100 and the control points reset.

At the start of the game, each team gets given 20,000 resource points to spend during the 30 minutes to limit the amount of tank zerg and liberator spam.

The commentators have access to the first-person views, observer cam and an RTS-style 'starcraft' cam, which gives them a bird's eye view of the outpost and its surroundings, letting the viewer get a better overall picture of the strategies and maneuvers of each team.

Throughout the match, in the corner of the screen displays the scores, resources remaining and time remaining.

Well, anyway, I'm dreaming