PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Religion
Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #607
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Religion

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Lets say everyone who doesnt believe in God is right.

What happens when we die? What happens when your momma dies? What happens when your sister dies?

I fully expect a "nothing" answer.

But this again, bothers me. Fully.
It's not "nothing". Depending on how you decide to go you may be buried and your body will decompose over years. (Your bones will stay there for a while). Or you can be cremated. These are the more standard approaches for when one dies. Some people choose to have their ashes spread someplace where the atoms that once made up every part of themselves can spread and be reused.

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
When mankind can tell me EXACTLY THROUGH SCIENCE that made this entire universe, then I will believe there is no God.

Until then, You can't prove to ME there isn't one.
Sadly, for both of us, that will not be in our lifetime. Your defense is as strong as if you had made it two thousand years ago. Personally I prefer to live my life through what is observable and generally well understood. I find it relaxing knowing my life is my own even as improbable as it was. I know it might sound like arrogance from your perspective, but it's also comforting to know my mind doesn't require a defense mechanism around death, like you cling to. You seem fixated on it since you've brought it up a few times. Carpe diem.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-05-18 at 02:49 AM.