PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Official NC is going to crush TR and VS in the Ultimate Empire Showdown Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: The Official NC is going to crush TR and VS in the Ultimate Empire Showdown Threa

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
This. Nobody official ever told us what it is actually going to be, so why should I care?

@canaris: enlighten us, what exactly is going to happen? Where? What is there to win? What are the conditions? We don't know shit.

.sent via phone.
While we might not YET have the particulars we can gleam some useful knowledge from everything they've said so far.

12 - people so we can reason that it should be some games of Planetside 2 consisting of ... 12 aside.

You live in the Los Angeles area - They are going to be invited to SOE or another venue in order to play these matches under watched and streamed conditions

What is their to win:
Besides some very nice booty/loot for attending I think the major overall prize will be the faction bragging rights that your team has crushed the opposition.... kinda like a SPORTS event.

TR better win, my ego wouldn't take it if they lost.

What are the conditions?
I don't live in America let alone Los Angeles so I can't tell you, all I know is it's freezing here in Ireland
Seriously though it will obviously be several game types that they will have to compete in.

Will it be all 3 factions fighting at the same time, I'm not sure but if it were me I do a king of the hill style game.

3 AMS's or Spawn rooms around a central point - Hold the objective for the longest time and you get a win. That's just one of many you can do.
I'm sure there will be a series of different events from infantry to vehicle & air, since this is a combined arms game.

Since they're still in the planning, in the recruitment phase and that the event might still a bit away maybe marketing haven't released the particulars yet.

and I got all this just from his post, hope my rented brain helps you.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms