PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: AGN Community Night March 2012 Recording
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-15, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Graywolves
General

Re: AGN Community Night March 2012 Recording

Originally Posted by ComerEste View Post
Before SW:TOR came out, every convention that BioWare went to, some of the devs actually stood in line with people waiting to play the game. They didn't do it because someone told them to either. They wanted the game to be great, and they knew that what makes an MMO great is the community behind it. So they go out of their way to be a part of the community. They go on podcasts, they visit our forums, we can email or tweet them and they will respond, and after the events they went to the local bars to hang out with people and even buy them rounds. Heck some of them even have characters in our guild.

I am not trying to put down your experiences with the SOE devs, nore am I trying to say BioWare devs are better. I am glad that SOE is taking more interest in the community because I have seen that it actually does work for BioWare. Getting feedback from people who want the game to succeed as much as the dev team does is never a bad thing. I hope they continue interacting with the community even after launch.

I'm sorry but that's just PR really. We interact with the devs and their team on literally a daily basis.

That's why I go as far to say they are actually part of the community. And we actually see the effects of our feedback.