PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Impending Magrider Nerf.
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
BossRigs
Private

Re: The Impending Magrider Nerf.

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Someone asked me what the VS got as an empire advantage, that tweet was an answer to that question - not a declaration of impending nerfs.

IF we change the Magrider it wouldn't be any sort of change to it's maneuverability at all, that's what they're SUPPOSED to do.

We are considering some MBT changes though, including potentially

Removing or reducing magrider front armor since Magriders always have their front facing the things they're fighting, so the front armor bonus scales a bit better for them compared to the other two tanks.

Increasing the muzzle velocity for Vanguard cannons, this would help them be more effective at standoff ranges vs the other tanks, especially the Magrider, and it fits with the NC MO.

Prowlers are only performing very, very slightly below magriders in general right now, so we think they're probably alright, but if anything they might get a minor damage increase to AP and HEAT rounds.

We're still playing with these changes internally, so it's not by any means a done deal.
I have personally invested $20 or so bucks in my Magrider, and next to my Scythe it is my best killing weapon. Not saying it is at all OP, but all the above-mentioned items seem legit to us here at BossRigs.com. Thanks again for everything, really appreciate it. Tonight was major fun. I mean it, tonight was super epic. And please people stop the damn bitching and moaning, enjoy the freaking game. Had a 50+ KS in my max, and 20+KS in the Magrider. Would be still killing NC and TR ass right now in my Mag if I didn't have to make an appearance at Hard Rock and F6 tonight FML my life is tough. #LifeOfABoss