PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Whats the purpose in this game?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Whats the purpose in this game?

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
I can see a real danger in these events becoming more popular than the core game. Ideally the victory conditions need to be integrated into the normal game mode. I don't know though with 3 conts, anything like that will be tough.
I don't think we can let that worry us too much BUT I do have an idea on that point.

I assume that not everyone will actually want to participate in these, SO, the idea would be this: If there are 40 servers, group the 40 into 4 groups of 10. Have 4 weekend events per month (one per group of 10); and an individual person will be able to play in the event group of which his server belongs. This means that no individual server will lose players to the event more than once per month. And if the events are more popular than I assume, divide the 40 servers into 8 groups of 5, and have 8 events over a 2 month period, which would mean no server would lose players more often than 48 hours per 2 months.

Now...to prevent people from simply creating a character on other servers to participate in the events, eligibility for the events could be limited to people who have a certain number of hours on the character.