PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Whats the purpose in this game?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: Whats the purpose in this game?

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Kinda of reminds you of Outfit Wars doesn't it? Doubt that would work early on as outfits would just be forming and "leveling up", but maybe later on. The difficulty is how to keep the CoD/BF guys understanding the persistent nature of this game, while not altering it greatly. I don't know, guess that isn't our problem but I just don't want to see a much anticipated "sequel" to a cult legend game go up in smoke in a year or so.
Yeah I was mostly responding to Higby's musing about a few smaller instanced maps, but to be honest we both know that massive-scale combat is the only thing to really focus on.

I guess the "win condition" is a hard thing to describe to someone who hasn't played the first Planetside, but once people start seeing E3 demos, open beta footage, and player-made videos around launch, I think they'll start to get the picture.

As you and others have said, just the persistent nature of Planetside alone is enough to satisfy that need for a "win" confirmation, and once people begin playing I think they'll be totally content with the way PS2 is turning out.