PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is the NC MAX ever going to get a ranged weapon?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Chewy
Major

Re: Is the NC MAX ever going to get a ranged weapon?

Before the est server locked down for the night I wasn't doing all that bad as a med range NC MAX. Took 3 outposts and a Tech plant without a single death all while getting a share of kills. It helped a LOT that the fight was in a ravine where the VS couldn't flank but I still couldn't hit a thing. So just kept shooting at what cover the VS was using. It worked very well at making them stay behind anything they could so my mates can work up for a finisher. Once we pushed into the Tech plant was when that shotgun shown what it was made for.

I only wish that the spread was tightened up a bit. I could be dead center on a target and a few pellets would still fly off to the side from the end of a hallway. Iv been killed my many TR and VS MAXes at ranges that I wouldn't even try with a NC MAX. I say a beefed up shotgun the NC MAX has should leave nothing but a splat with each shot. Lower the fire rate (maybe to 2 shots a tick max), cut the spread by 25%-40%, and (maybe) take it to 6 shot a mag then it would fit the NC "Hit good and hard" gun style perfect.

As for giving the TR and VS MAXes some love. They might not need some to be honest. The TR MAX is a beast with that chaingun and I run from them as soon as I see one if I don't have backup. It's almost the same for the VS MAX because I know that they will have a weapon that can easily kill me at med range (unless it's setup for duel bursters). For a class that costs 100 resource and has a 5 min timer I tend to be forced to run from a lot of fights unless the guy is already point blank in my face. All because I end up having to reload due to most of the shot missing, even if my aim is dead center.