PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Game Of Thrones Season 2 [Spoilers]
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-31, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 2

What do you guys think of Daenerys, anyway? This is for the people who've seen season 1 and who've read all the books. I fucking hate Daenerys as she is in the first book/season, but like her quite a lot as the story progresses. I watched some interviews with GRRM on YouTube and the people who were fawning over Dany and Drogo was kind of obscene. Drogo was a brutal, murdering warlord who massacred civilians, raped a 13-year-old girl repeatedly (Dany's age is changed to 17 in the show), and gloated over the idea of going to Westeros to rape and burn and kill there.

And Dany loved it. She was all about it. She showed a tiny bit of mercy for Mirri Maz Duur, the maegi in the first season, but she still strolled casually down the road of the maegi's town with women being raped around her, men having their heads chopped off and thrown in a pile, and people being herded away to be sold as slaves. And she was eager to visit this upon Westeros, too.

Crazy bullshit. Dany was a cunt and Drogo a piece of shit. How did they win the heart of any viewers?

Also:

They did a bang-up job on Brienne.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-03-31 at 03:00 PM.