PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
More applicable to the Devs than one bitter vet, seeing as how they've pretty much ignored months of suggestions/ideas from the passionate community.

You can search pretty much any 'bitter vet' postings on PSU and you'll see them calling out every problem the game has right now, before they even got to play the game.

Pray tell, what exactly was their original plan, release the game, go quiet after a month, watch pops plummet, then fix spawncamping 2 months after release?

PS1 had the majority of its 'meta' (horribly misused word) elements in for release, base linked benefits and 2 new vehicles were added within 2 months of PS1s release. They are STILL WORKING ON THE BASICS for PS2 in comparison.

Anyone credulous enough to think they'll unfuck PS2 (since they're all down to Dev decisions) in any sort of reasonable time (as in 6 months) should probably get checked out but before that, I've got some prime real-estate I'd like to sell to you.
Amazing! So, you are saying that all of the issues mentioned were not part of community feedback? They saw the issues all on their own, and came up with their own solutions? So you're saying that spawn room defensibility was not mentionned at all in the community? Adjustments to AA was not mentioned? Adjustments to Air was not mentioned? Dynamic XP was not mentioned?

If I bothered to take the time, I can probably find a thread discussing every single major topic touched by these notes. All input from current PS2 players and old PS1 "vets" alike.

Sounds to me like there are no notes (yet) on the isses YOU deem most important and are all pissy and throwing a forum tantrum.

My best friend is a programmer in the gaming industry. They work rediculous hours. Then when it gets to release time, they work EVEN MORE REDICULOUS HOURS. If they've been gone for a month, they're probably taking all the owed vacation time they weren't alowed to take prior to release, as well as taking well earned relaxation time so they don't end up divorced or in an insane asylum.

If you consider that devs are expected to play their own games so they have a clue, and grant that even when they're "playing", they're actually working; then you have to see that they put in rediculous quantities of time WORKING.

Everyone needs vacation, distraction and rest.