PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Great stuff!

"◦Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses"

Does that mean XP for defence or am I just being overly optimistic?
Originally Posted by Morsong View Post
the dynamic xp alone makes me excited as this was something I was saying was needed since launch. Also can someone clarify this for me? Higby mentioned that xp will be better sorted and mentioned defense xp. Does he mean that players will now gain xp for defending a base finally, or did it just mean that all the xp contributed to whatever a player is doing will be better sorted out?
You already get passive +10% experience while fighting in territory your empire controls; course, this goes mostly unnoticed, so they're going to be doing something to make it more obvious how much that bonus has impacted you.

From that line I didn't get any change to capture mechanics (ie, a big bonus on resecure).

Edit:
Even if the tunnels are very simplistic for this initial implementation, I'm really excited to have them just as a first step towards base capturing having "phases" to the fight (past hold the line -> allourbasearebelongtothem)

Last edited by Kail; 2013-01-08 at 11:13 PM.