PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-07, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
duck
Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Keep in mind that "a few weeks" mean anything from 2 to 503502975320752389075295 weeks.

Also, open beta within a fewe weeks after closed? err, not gonna happen. There is a ton of stuff that needs to be tested and may needs to be changed, or the game becomes just a big BF3 map. Gotta need a few month to get enough certs into commanding, and figure out how different 666 vs 666 vs 666 is compared to 133 vs 133 vs 133. If they dont let us enough time there, they propably ruin themself.
Seriously? Two devs said a few weeks which means later this month. I doubt they would say stuff like that to give our hopes up.
You have to be more optimistic, I remember you were saying that there was no chance of PS2 coming out later this year. Well, Higby proved you wrong.

I've said this before PS2 is nearly complete. Yes, we only have one continent to deal with but the other two continents have been in development for a long time and they are progressing nicely. The only thing that PS2 needs are balancing issues, and bug fixes and the only way they can address those is through beta not inhouse testing.
In 3-4 weeks we will see PS2 more optimized and more smooth that what we are seeing at E3 and we will be testing the entire continent, not a specific area.