PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Incoming ESRL Changes
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Re: Incoming ESRL Changes

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
That said I don't think the balance will ever be right after Rev 2 or 100. You have distinct weapons with different playstyles meaning they're going to be used differently. Balancing that is frankly impossible and I'm surprised the developers don't realize that after analyzing PS1. We had this exact same issue over many years as the developers back then released balance patches.
How do you define balance? People use the word to mean many different things. Are the ESRL's balanced in relation to an Empire? In relation to each other? If each other, by damage per clip? Damage per round? Situational usages? Clearly they can never be "perfectly balanced" against each other as they operate differently..

But then again, people don't play games with unique sides to have perfect balance.

Balance is then making sure that when a side has an advantage its not too much of an advantage; or when side is at a disadvantage it's not at too much of a disadvantage. And that's entirely possible to do.

Edit: I do agree though that they've really gone gung-ho on AV weapons for the HA. I personally think the NS ones should never have been added, but oh well.

Last edited by Kail; 2013-03-25 at 11:49 PM.