PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons.
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-02, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I love the maurder.... as a vanu i took a threasher cert just for the chance to jack one of them. I was a maurder driver during beta and that was by far the most fun vehicle to drive.

Because of the arc of the pounder you can lob grenades into places where they cant fire back. Having two gunners really helps, one gun is a strait fire while the other lobs in an arc... so you get the best of both worlds.

The enforcer is the most manuverable of the 3 (technically the threasher is, but because you have to drive it in 1st person mode you can get disorented easily and fly outa control), but i like how the maurader bobs around, and it gets some nice air on occasion. The maurader just has a more fun feel of the 3.

There are two main reasons why you don't see many threshers:

1) driving one is nausiating, driving from 1st person mode the camera jumps around too much... you cant see as wide as other vehicles, because they are hovercraft they bounce around much more than the other buggies, often you will slam into a tree because your nose was bouncing around too much.

2) The magrider.... other than the reinforced armor restriction and top speed, the magrider is superior in every other way. Why choose a thresher when you can drive a magrider for the same cost. Magriders actually handle better than threshers because their nose doesn't jump up and down as much, much more pleasent feel to driving them. And the main reason... Magrider drivers get a gun!

Other empires have compelling reasons to drive the assault buggy, but not Vanu, mainly because our heavy tank is really an assult buggy on steroids.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey