PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Official NC is going to crush TR and VS in the Ultimate Empire Showdown Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
SeraphC
Sergeant

Re: The Official NC is going to crush TR and VS in the Ultimate Empire Showdown Threa

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
How is their fault that you live under a rock?!?
Let me ask you who are the three peoples faces you see on the news section of the PS2 that's been there for over a month on the downloader/launcher and just what is the article it's linked to about?
It is their fault because it's their job to get him from under that rock. They actually get paid to do exactly that. Let me tell you something: yes, those three guys have been - much to my annoyance - on the launcher for a month and I still don't have a clue as to what the event is about, other then a scheme to recruit new players.
I've clicked the link, watched the silly little video and it says nothing. Is it a tournament? Is it something along the lines of Fridaynight Ops where each will get some streaming time? I don't know.
I've never had this problem before with any game that I didn't consider to be a joke.

Same thing with the Fridaynight Ops really. No clue what it was until I actually took the time to watch it. Turns out it's just a stream where the devs highlight a specific outfit. Both sides were under prepared and under qualified to be entertaining. The first half hour consisted of the outfit giggling about the fact that a dev was in their teamspeak and a forced introduction. The rest was basically the outfit being slightly annoyed that they had to take said dev with them and provide content for the viewers, they were clearly outside of their comfort zone.
The only thing interesting was info about the development process, but I really don't want to have to watch a stream to find out about that. POST IT ON THE WEBSITE.

In my opinion they are missing a large segment of the population with the way they communicate. And I'm not just talking about this, it's everything down to the twitter messages.

Last edited by SeraphC; 2013-01-16 at 08:34 AM.