PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Breast Cancer Awareness Month Charity Play-athon: October 26th-27th
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-03, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MagnmStallion
Private

Breast Cancer Awareness Month Charity Play-athon: October 26th-27th

Good morning folks,
666, TRG, CASH, and OP4 are pleased to present a huge Connery-wide (and any other servers who wish to join in as well) 24-hour event to support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

So, what exactly are we planning? A 24-hour marathon squad? A bunch of Galaxies wrestling? Even more Galaxies chasing one lone ESF with the intent of satisfying their space-whale hunger? King-of-the-hill matches? What if I told you we were planning ALL of that, and more? Because it's true. This is going to be one of those charity carnivals, done up in true Planetside 2 style.

A roster of events:
1) An all-female platoon that is going to play for 24 straight hours. Those familiar with charity runs know how this works: you pledge to donate if they reach certain score or time benchmarks.

-------------------

2) Carnival events. If you're a participant, have fun and hopefully give a small donation for being in it If you're watching, bet on a player to win! The losers pledge to donate their bet amounts to the charity fund. Our events are currently:
-MAX boxing
-Galaxy Wrestling
-ESF Swatting (trying to get the ram kill on an ESF in a Galaxy)
-Flash Swatting (trying to get the ram kill on a Flash in a Sunderer)
-Light Assault knife fighting

-------------------

3) Streamer Challenge: If you will be streaming during the day, we have rules for streamers to enter themselves into a competition for a 12k SC prize! First, the pledging rules:
-Kills: You pledge to give a fraction of the kills a streamer makes during their stream. Ex: Grovzny kills 120 people. I pledge to give at a rate of 1:1, so I have pledged to give $120.

-Score: You pledge to give a fraction of the total score of a streamer during their session. Ex: Grovzny earns 200k. I pledge to give at a rate of 1:1000, so I have pledged to give $200.

-Vendetta: You pledge to give a multiple of the number of times the streamer kills a specific player. Ex: I pledge to give 10x the number of times Grovzny kills Rhekka. He kills him 4 times, so I give $40.

-Weapon Kills: You pledge to a give a fraction of the number of kills a player earns with a specific weapon. Ex: I pledge to give at a rate of 2:1 for every kill Grovzny makes with his Shrike. He kills 50 players with it, so I give $100.

The prize package goes to the streamer who brings in the most money from their backers!

--------------------

4) Just giving for the hell of it. If you know somebody who has or had breast cancer, show your support by giving in their name.

--------------------

5) Alerts and combat events: Bet on which side will win an event and the losers donate their bets to the fund.

--------------------

Thank you for reading, and we hope you turn out on the 26th to take part! The donation link can be found at this GoFundMe, and please publicize it to your outfits and followers on social media! Please PM me or LadyShade (666) if you are interested in taking part in the multi-stream or being entered into the streamer competition.

V/r,
MagnmStallion (CASH Outfit Lead)

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-10-14 at 06:56 PM.