PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What would you like to be set in place, if there were Planetside 2 Tournaments.
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-15, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Re: What would you like to be set in place, if there were Planetside 2 Tournaments.

Originally Posted by ZoranTheBear View Post
1. Would you like 2 people commentating? Who are knowledgeable about the game and it's various aspects? Or 1 person to fill the roll of informant and entertainer.
Might need more than 2, depending on where you do the events. From what I have heard on the matter, 2 is the bare minimum, but in order to best cover the action, you'd likely need more.

2. What would you believe would be right to ban? For example, no maxes, no rocket pods, no mass amounts of one class (Such as mass infiltrators).
I think you should allow everything. Every weapon has a roll, and since most fights are supposed to be more interior, there should be places to get away from everything.

3. What scale would you like to see these tournaments? Platoon vs Platoon, or squad vs squad?
Both would be nice.

4. What objectives should the contestants go for? Should it be to capture a base and hold it for a certain amount of time? Should it be a deathmatch? Should it be Destroy the enemy sunderers and whoever gets 3 enemy sunderer kills wins the match?
Base capture and holding makes the most sense. Taking out sunderers is just way too simple, and deathmatch... that would be over way too quick.

5. Should each faction ONLY use NS weapons? Or only their default weapons, with a few alterations to match faction specific weapons? Such as the NC's bolt driver compared to the VS/TR's default sniper rifles.
Defaults with some cleared equivalents. This would be a bigger question with Maxes.

6. Should contestants pay upfront a 5 dollar or so minimum to a. Prevent random people from signing up to troll and b. Help pay for the costs of prizes/shipping if it's not a game code. Or should it be completely free with a lower reward?
I'd make it more. Maybe say: Each participating group must have A.) The correct amount of people. B.) Pay 30 for a platoon, and 10 for a squad. C.) The hosting group who is streaming will take 10-20% of the amount paid in, with the remaining 80-90% going to the winner. I'd say straight case reward instead of buying cards... let the platoon leads divy out the rewards.

7. Do you prefer these tournaments to be live streamed and then published via VOD format. Or recorded and made into a higher quality VOD?
I would say a 5-10 minute delay on stream, but stream it.