PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What scares me most of all.
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-25, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: What scares me most of all.

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Its not that the air cav based outfits don't use teamwork, its that the air cav outfits have found the method that works best both outdoors and in and use it.

Vehicle drivers shouldn't be able to jump out and be effective infantry; they should have to find an equipment terminal to change into more appropriate gear.
As it is pilots/drivers use HA/AV and are on a pretty much equal footing with dedicated grunts with Rexo. It makes the transport vehicles all but obsolete as it does any outdoor fight as the air cav can just bypass it with hardly any risk.

Its not about teamwork (yes I said it was before, but I wasn't thinking straight) its about making everything in the game have an effective role.
I don't support the mossie being able to kill infantry. Why is this point continuously ignored? If everyone in the outfit takes mossie for transport, as opposed to 2 - 3 people certing galaxies, look how many more certs the second outfit has. The first outfit is much more specialized. With BR20/25 you can do grunt loadout(HA/Rexo/Med/Eng/AV), a mossie, and maybe one other cert(if BR25). That's pretty damn specialized. You're a grunt with one transport that can only take you from point A to B.

If you're dying to vehicle drivers who hop out, I don't know what to tell you. They're already in agile. It can be very disorienting to get out of a vehicle, and you should be able to get a few shots of on the driver before he gets his bearings.

Same deal with pilots. They're in agile, you're in rexo. You generally have the home field advantage. (maxes, they have to come to you, more grenades, more medkits, more cover, teammates) Agile itself is a fairly big handicap. The only reason it isn't in planetside currently is due to the bad netcode, the speed agile gives you is enormous. If they can eliminate / greatly reduce warping, I believe agile to be the perfect handicap for being in a vehicle. (Dueling with my non-warping friend when he's in agile and I'm in rexo is a complete joke.)

I'm all for buffing support roles, but they should do it by buffing support and not-nerfing singleplay. Allow galaxies to hold more, give them built in EMP, make them faster, sleeker, whatever. (they also need to make support / tactical play give A LOT more experience. As it stands, five kills in a tower on a planet with 50% incentives are worth more than a five hour interlink base capture) Make advanced medics stronger, make advanced engineers strong. Make vehicles require more gunners to be effective killing machines. Do not completely nerf solo-play. Planetside will not do great if they alienate solo-play. A group using teamwork should be better than a group not using teamwork, but the second group still deserves a fighting chance.

WoW has shown that many MMO-players, despite playing an MMO, like solo play.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-25 at 01:12 PM.