PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Change loadout menu to allow using number keys.

Make loadout screen save your previous loadout choice when you switch classes

Re-do / re-apply PS1 / Tribes-style voice-game-system (VGS)

Sometimes the HA shield's on/off state reverses in first-person, causing me to die from me thinking the shield was on when it was really off.

The game has no cats. With all this killing, surely you'd need some cats to console the pain. That, or ponies, but that'd cause too much of a shitstorm. Still, game lacks pony.

Warpgate spawn timer

Proximity availability of spawns being very unclear and strange, especially on Amerish

All continents are giant squares

Flash doesn't render driver's hands or wheels in 1st person

Harasser and Sunderer do not render driver's hands in 1st person, nor does the steering wheel actually turn

Flash's super-limited vertical pivot range. If it could pivot upward more with the Kobalt (and maybe only the Cobalt), it would actually be very useful at anti-air (and there'd be a reason to buy the Cobalt).

Flash S12 Renegade shotgun ---> Wtf is it used for? Allow a slug/silencer certifications maybe? Tighten spread? Idk.

There is no way to read ally movements from across the map. Ideally I'd like either a certification or a CUD that allows a player (with the proper certifications) to view all allies on the main map, no matter how far away they are. If you go the CUD route, then you can limit the "power" of this by making it a pistol-slot requirement. It's a big peeve of mine to be able to see what my allies are doing in the next territory over, to know really what I should do.

So, Quality of Life: No CUD, no Reveal Allies ability on said CUD.
I realize there might be hardware limitations on showing all alllies due to the interface being a Flash platform. That's another reason why it should be a limited-use function. Anyway.

The entire interface, aside from the HUD. I don't like it.
Is it possible to give us faction-themed interfaces?
Like the NC would have a rugged, rusted PDA device with hard-set buttons and dials, almost like a Pip Boy.
The TR would have a sleek touch-screen tablet.
The VS would have a holographic display.

The factions all have identical optics types. I'd like to see the TR using electronic zoom functions like modern military's do, the NC using purely scopes and periscopes because they can't afford or "don't need" the higher-tech optics the TR have, and the VS would have a triangular picture-in-picture zoom function.

This is for vehicles. Essentially the TR would have a large, rectangular picture-in-picture zoom. The NC would have exactly what we have now, except maybe you can insert a nice visual transition where the player can see the scope moving into view. The VS would have a smaller, triangular picture-in-picture zoom that comes up faster.

If you don't know what I mean by picture-in-picture zoom, see MechWarrior 3:

MAX units have no optics. You could apply the advanced optics suggested above to MAX units as well.
In addition, vehicles (and infantry) can only set themselves up with one optics mode. It would be nice if we had a Tribes-esque function where we could press a zoom setting button which would display a series of shrinking zoom power functions on our screen, that would give us a box displaying the FOV we would be zooming into given this zoom power. Then we would actually press the zoom button and then viola, we're zoomed in! If you've played Tribes 1 or Tribes 2, that's how the zoom function worked. It doesn't have to be available to infantry; perhaps you could give LA or combat medics a pair of ES binoculars that would do exactly that.

(obviously you couldn't switch to your weapon and start firing using this enhanced optics feature. We're future-soldiers; we really should all have some advanced optics either implanted in our eyes our in our helmet HUDs)

Sometimes I accidentally cloak when firing. It would be nice if the game did not allow you to cloak if you still had your finger on the trigger.

sometimes the reload animation for the Sweeper Shotgun does not play properly.

Sometimes, when transitioning from sprinting to non-sprinting while reloading the Phoenix, the animation does not play properly.

The standard Engineer Anti-infantry Turret is completely useless (other than deploy-able cover) and other players cannot man it.

Pistols cannot mount scopes. If we could slap a 2x scope on the Mag-Shot, it'd be so baller.

Vehicles cannot switch armaments without being re-spawned. Please give us some way to re-equip spawned vehicles.

ESF have no way to determine the altitude of targets on the minimap.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-05-14 at 11:07 PM.