PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Whats the purpose in this game?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-05, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Kipper
Captain

Re: Whats the purpose in this game?

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
While I think about it. Did I read somewhere that missions will be generated by the game?
I kinda hope not, I can see why it would - but it sort of takes away from 'free will' if the game is directing too many people to go certain places doing certain things. I'd say fine if its an optional layer to give people some suggestions when they don't have squad/outfit or an obvious objective - but a big 'NO' to there being bonusses for taking AI generated missions on because I want to see player driven strategies develop.

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
I did also see somewhere else that missions will be player generated by those with high enough cert level but at first who is going to have high enough level to do that?
Good point. But I've heard rumblings also of a 'follower' thing so rather than getting command rank for time spent in a leadership role (which you may or may not suck at), it will be up to people (I assume) to 'upvote' good commanders and team players, which will give them more options to plan missions?

The GDC video was great and all, but I think we really, really need to get some more in-depth descriptions or footage of the strategic side.