PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Road map and why it doesnt work!
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Stellarthief
Corporal

Re: The Road map and why it doesnt work!

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Im not saying just outfit members should be able to vote.

I am simply talking about larger outfits, That play this game day in day out since beta. People Like BRTD,AT,666 Devil dogs. These leaders should have more influence apon the game. As untimely these outfits keep players ingame and understand what PS2 should be.

Is that a bad thing? Prehaps it is, But i'm sure they will push the game in the right direction where we all want it.
This is a very common thing in MMOs actually. The bigger guilds/outfits/organisations get to work closely with devs, share their ideas, etc. and can more or less push the game and even game mechanics (or advocate for certain change at least) in a direction they think it should go. Sometimes they just try to push their own agenda...

This doesnt alway lead to good for all, and sometimes the average gamer doesn't even feel the effects. Could be a bit different in PS2 as the "meta game" is kinda there for everyone, only barrier is numbers here.

But also to be honest it can't be avoided as these organisations are usually the best source of info from gamer perspective. The masses are largely useless other than to hear how unhappy or happy they are with the game at large. Not to contradict myself - they still can be helpful, but have to dig to find it.

Another thing is, as I kinda mentioned above. Usually these bigger organisations aren't a majority of players. They represent a minority who often play the game a certain way.

You should also reread your post. "As untimely these outfits keep players ingame and understand what PS2 should be. ". What PS2 should be is what devs have planned, mapped out, etc + feedback from the players. The larger outfits really couldn't say and have no qualification to say what the game "should be" unless you want to talk actual real world money investment.

It's also rather short sighted if you think these big outfits keep people in game. Except on these forums I have never heard of any of the outfits you mentioned and I couldn't care less about them really. PS2 has some nice designs so that such organisations don't dictate the motion of the world like in so many other MMOs.

A few points scattered here and there. But since 1999 I have seen and heard all the arguments for, against, etc. about how a game should develop. Been in games that have blossomed and games that have sunk.. In the end each decision can bring something good or bad.