PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Update Notes 06/26 Continent Locking and Hossin
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-26, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: Update Notes 06/26 Continent Locking and Hossin

Tried it out, hossin looks really good. Gives off a very nice jungle feeling, i dig the fog and the trees. The only downer was the rather pathetic "water" (texture). Still, i definetely liked being there.

"Continent Locking" seemed very WIP, and not a bit like i read about what they were planning there, so can't say much about it. It felt unnatural and not smooth and definetely not finished. Had a huge fight on indar going on, VS hits the threshold, *poof* continent locked, suddenly everyone is gone - in the middle of a heated battle. Thresholds just suck guys.
Also i couldn't figure out the "unlocking" conditions (didn't really try to though), and when a continent did get unlocked it just reset to a kinda even state. So i don't think there is any kind of intercontinental connection there yet.

Looked still nice so far though, might check it out more when they worked on the cont locking / lattice part.