PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-19, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
fierce deity
Sergeant

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp Updated

I like it a lot. It seems like a very good system on paper. I never played PS1 but this system seems very similar to what I've heard about NTUs and Silos.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I have to say on paper I really like this. Going to have to spend some more time digesting it but overall it looks awesome. I've been waiting for some kind of resource system to be added because it adds an entirely new source of gameplay.

This one confuses me though.. do they mean equipping items?
I think that means consumables like grenades and C4 will be payed for on spawn/resupply, assuming it always refills you to the max equippable amount, and that you can no longer stockpile 40 of them.

Continent Locking (or the "Continental Lattice" in the post-lattice era) is on the horizon and will hopefully enhance the feel and depth of PlanetSide 2's overall metagame significantly. Here's what the basic plan looks like so far:
  • Each of our current continents (Indar, Esamir, Amerish) becomes a home continent for an Empire
  • Each empire has a single “Home Warpgate” on their home continent that can never be taken from them
  • All other warpgates can now change hands like regular territory (details here still being worked out, so let us know if you have ideas)
  • By taking control of a warpgate, your empire can now advance along any continental lattice connected to it
  • Hossin is given three warpgates, one connected to Indar, one to Esamir, and one to Amerish. There is no home warpgate on Hossin.
  • Battle Islands fall between continents on all the links not leading to Hossin

What do you guys think?
Good, very good. Continental lattice wise.

In terms of actually capturing a warpgate
* The warpgate needs to be the last territory that can be taken from a faction on a continent.
* Vehicles need to be able to be transported between warpgates, preferrably by driving onto/landing on the center platform.
* Warpgates need to be hard to take and have exciting buildings/structures to fight in. The current layout is not good enough for this. An underground facility would be best, as it allows for an interesting base to be created while leaving the parade grounds for forming up large amounts of troops and vehicles.

Last edited by fierce deity; 2013-07-19 at 10:32 PM.