PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A brief history on Dutch influence on America
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-14, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: A brief history on Dutch influence on America

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
tl;dr

Listen I understand your need to be heard, but every other comment I see from you Figment goes a little like this:

"Ha Ha your opinion is stupid because you're American. How do I know? I'm Dutch that's how...and our country is superior to yours in every way. Don't believe me? Here's a video of random Americans answering questions from a Canadian guy and getting every one of them wrong! ((Through the power of editing of course)) That proves that you are ALL uneducated shitbags and I'm going to ignore the fact that this kind of shit can happen in any country...because most of the civilian populace of any given country is ignorant of basic facts outside of their own little country. Oh yeah, did I mention I was dutch and superior to you? Now, let me tell you why your country is bad...I'm going to link documentation from different websites showing you why America sucks, and then sit back and smugly wait for you to defend yourself while I laugh at your silly, stupid, backwards American mentality."
Sigh. Not true, not at all.

1. I never say someone is stupid based on nationality. Never. I will make general remarks about US systems and certain groups (Tea Party crowd in particular) and other factions within for instance the Reps. Not the populace as a whole.

2. Our country IS simply superior in a lot of ways and other countries are superior to us in the same or other ways as well. I say this whenever you or Malorn or whoever else claims the US has the best ever ratings or statistics or sentiment or whatever other false, propaganda claim. That you can't interpret this in any other way than smugness is probably because that's how you would use such an argument.

You can admit the US simply has a lot of things to improve on compared to other nations instead of being naive and claiming it's all other people's fault if something goes wrong or if a certain part of the populace is to blame for dragging your statistics down (and then somehow saying these don't count and it's not fair to count them, while they do because they're part of your domestic situation). It's not that hard.

3. The video was from CNN. The OTHER SURVEYS AND POLLS I refered to were conducted by the National Geographic. I don't base my opinion on ONE video. I explicitly gave you an example. Read the damn texts, the results of the survey regarding foreign awareness, care and knowledge were simply utter crap for the fast majority of your populace. That means your education system fails! That is a fact you'll have to live with.

This is not the case for the MAJORITY of the population in every other nation. Certainly not for Europeans or Canadians. Why? Because they all have far more interest in the outside world and the fast majority of our history classes are not focused on our own nation. The fast majority of news broadcasted on any television net is about foreign affairs, which cannot be said for US television networks.

4. Using sources and references in a debate is a courtesy, because you can verify my claims and gives you a chance to refute them.

You'd rather I just troll you without sources and unfounded opinion? Is that because then you can say "well hey, I can ignore that because you don't provide sources so you probably make that up".

And you call Americans assholes Figment.
No, I do not. Never have. Never will. You and Malorn read far too much in what I say all the time and continuously draw conclusions and distort words because that's what you two want me to say so you can ignore me.

Stop with the bricks of text and the smugness...you might get somewhere.
Sorry, but attentionspan is a skill. If you don't have it, that's not my problem, that's yours. Besides, I'm being straightforward and sarcastic, not simply smug. Am I smug at times? Yes. And? Doesn't make me wrong. I don't pretend to have all the answers all the time, however, when someone is so stupid to claim there are no viable political alternatives to something, this person deserves a smug answer and being told he's stupid while being pressed nose first in the facts.

Also, this thread is completely unnecessary. This is a political debate forum, not Figment's classroom on why the Dutch are superior.
Ehr... I believe I touched upon quite a few bits of politics in the original post and where they are BASED UPON. Nowhere did I claim superiority.