PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - GU06 Getting the Balance Pass: Scat Maxes + All Shotguns
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-30, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
fierce deity
Sergeant

Re: GU06 Getting the Balance Pass: Scat Maxes + All Shotguns

What they can do for shotguns is to keep the current damage but decrease the rate of fire a bit. This will decrease close quarters effectiveness a little by punishing misses more. I can't fathom why people are complaining that the pump action shot guns are overpowered. Sure they OHKO, but only at extremely close ranges where if you let your enemy get that close you deserved it.

The Jackhammer however could get a rate of fire and magazine size buff. It's marketed as a sustained fire weapon, so it should be able to actually do that. 8 rounds at three hits per kill, producing a measly 2 kills and an assist per clip assuming every shot hits, is simply not enough. The NC default pistol has better kills/mag potential than that for goodness sake. Give it 15-24 rounds per clip and the NC will have a viable heavy weapon.

The NC max could use a damage nerf with decreased damage dropoff and increased mag size. I think everyone would be happy with that change.