PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SmedBlog: eSports Support
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Re: SmedBlog: eSports Support

Originally Posted by AnamNantom View Post
So the e-sports idea is really just giving us the tools to do this? That's cool. I just don't want to feel like I'm on a gameshow. That's for BulletRun, not Planetside, where it's a real battle for real reasons. Call me an immersion freak, call me a roleplaying lore hound, but, I love story and influencing that story with my made fps skills, etc.

Ok, so here's an idea... injected media. Reporters (streamers) running about, getting the latest scoop on certain continents. It would be funny if these guys were shot at because they wouldn't keep their mouths shut.

Hi Hamma!
Like I said, I think the best approach to PS2 streams would be as war journalism rather than sports coverage.

Which in of itself can take many shapes... following a platoon of soldiers around... covering the big battles.... recording the whacky things soldiers do when board w/e it's up to the players and the streamers really.

I could see *maybe* instanced battles for big outfits...

but more of an event thing than a game mode.... those players should usually be playing the game, and occasionally going off to prove their mettle... not the other way around :|

Last edited by RoninOni; 2012-08-11 at 11:17 PM.