PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Zealot Maxes need rebalancing
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-24, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rolfski
Major

Zealot Maxes need rebalancing

Normally I'm firmly against any premature, over-panicking "OMG nerf this" feedback but being on the delivering end as well as the receiving end of these babies for a few days now, it's pretty safe to say that Zealot Overdrive is ridiculously powerful.

As much as the VS has been in dare need for powerful Maxes for a long time, they overdid it with Zealot Overdrive. My biggest gripes:
  • Aegis shield and Lockdown mode are situational, Zealot Overdrive is always a good option in a game where dps and movement bonuses are way more important than your ability to tank.
  • Its ability being infinite, they basically created an uber heavy infantry class now with the Zealot Max, negating the single characteristic that always kept Maxes at bay: their sluggishness. There's really no need now for VS infantry for being any other class in CQB other then Zealot Overdrive Max or support. Zealot Overdrive Max + engineer = near instant win.
  • (UPDATE) Burster Zealot Maxes are even more ridiculous, even more so than Lockdown Maxes as there's no way for air to out-manoeuvre them. Lockdown/Zealot shouldn't be allowed on Burster Maxes in the first place imo: It makes AA unbalanced and gives NC an unfair disadvantage.

As much as I always opposed the insta-kill ability of Scatter Maxes combined with the lack of possibilities for NC Maxes for being a decent AI solution at range, balancing it out with a new uber heavy assault class for VS is not the way to go imo.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-05-26 at 06:32 PM.