PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SmedBlog: eSports Support
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-12, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
Goblin
Private

Re: SmedBlog: eSports Support

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
That is a really bad argument IMO. If I play golf and then decide to pickup bowling instead. Do I start to demand that they will change the rules of bowling so it would be more like golf? No I would not. If I changed my game from golf to bowling I would do that because bowling as it was played before I started to play it was what I wanted to play.
Actually, yours is the bad argument.

A game is a product. Sports are not. Companies want to incorporate features into new products that people want. A better comparison would be a new car model having the latest aribag technology even though some people dislike airbags. Imagine that the entire car is free and the airbag is optional to install.
Can you think of a reason someone would be offended by this? What would the reasons be for that? I can think of a couple:

1. They are afraid of the notion of the airbag, even though it's optional.
2. They are ignorant about the whole matter and don't wish to be reasonable.
3. They have an arrogant sense of entitlement.

(Moderator Note: The above is not an insult to anyone in the forums, but answers to the hypothetical scenario above it.)

I personally feel that the devs adding support for a feature that is not forced down anyones throats isn't really somthing we should be bitching about at this point.

Last edited by Goblin; 2012-08-12 at 09:12 AM.