PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: MMORPG Interview
Thread: News: MMORPG Interview
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
This is pretty much the solution I was hoping for. Hopefully the dedicated gunners will have somewhat more powerful main guns so that this is a balance tweak as well as a teamwork booster. Maybe 2 skilled solo MBT's will still outflank a skilled dedicated driver/gunner pair, but as long as 4 people in 2 dedicated gunner MBT's can take on 4 people in solo MBT's, I'll be happy.

3D cockpits should be fun. Kind of a luxury feature in a way though, but I like it. It also makes me hopeful that they may eventually add vehicle entry animations, although I'm not going to hold my breath.

Oh and yay platoons! I hope PS2 is able to blow PS1's community and organizational features out of the water. A lot was done with PS1, I can only imagine what will happen if commanders are given more and better tools and if it becomes easier for zerglings to be harnessed as a valuable and directable resource.
Zerg can be harnessed by the mission system now. No more leaving great battles, cuz the CR5's want to go to another continent because we are slightly outnumbered. That was one of my pet peeves in the last few years. Leaving a continent with a great battle, then not seeing another one like that for weeks...