PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sunderer
Thread: Sunderer
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Gugabalog
Major

Re: Sunderer

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
You don't seem to understand the absurdity of your statement.

You are comparing a lightly armored single man vehicle to a heavily armed and armored multi-passanger troop transport vehicle.

The lightning of PS1 had a single 75mm cannon and a 25mm machine gun. The newly referbished and fully modified Sunderer of PS1 featured 2 75mm cannons and 2 25mm machine guns on top, as well as two side mounted machine guns of I can't remember what caliber but I think it was 25mm machine guns.

PS2's Sunderer will probably have a similar armament and be fully customizable to allow for more players to have fun. Including the potential ability for passengers to shoot out of the ports themselves.

The Stryker is a multi-purpose vehicle that can have several gun mounts on it, so can the Sunderer. In fact I'm fairly certain that every vehicle in the game will have multiple weapons available for use. But the core purpose behind the Stryker and Sunderer is the same, troop transportation and fire support.

The Lightning will never serve as troop transport and likely won't make effective fire support. It's probably going to be the game's tank killer and mobile AA support.
I see the Lightning as the equivalent of a Stryker with a 120 cannon and a Sunderer as Heavy Troop transport w/o very heavy firepower albeit still considerable firepower. Is there anything absurd about that?
Now can we move the discussion forward?