PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Game Breaker Interview
Thread: News: Game Breaker Interview
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Game Breaker Interview

In PS1, players sometimes felt little accomplishment from taking over bases, because the bases you took over just got back-capped by single stealthers. Is that changing in PS2 and are there large enough incentives to defend against back-capping?

Yes, the territory control system we’ve designed for PlanetSide 2 changes a lot of the mechanics about base capture and “back-capping.” Back-capping (the act of capturing a facility behind enemy lines) will still be possible but will require concentrated effort from groups of players rather than just a single player circumventing the major fight and being a nuisance behind your front lines. Defenders will be able to respond to back-capping a bit more easily, since capturing a base that’s surrounded by enemy territory will take an extremely long time and re-securing a base that’s surrounded by your own territory will be very quick.
Bolding mine.

Good news there. That was pretty much the last worry I had about the territory system. Didn't figure they'd let it happen, but its good to have confirmation.