PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cert Changes
Thread: Cert Changes
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cert Changes

ITT: Tards and idealists that don't know what PTW actually is.

Newsflash! I bought alpha squad, will most likely sub, and will probably hit up some double or triple SC days. SoE is in the process of making a wicked game, and with my current situation I very much want for them to 'shut up and take my money'.

Ive played FTP games that hid their one hit kill elite super weapons/loadouts behind either a giant wall of cash (lol moonbreakers nice try) or a looooooooooonnnnnngcat grind. (which reminds me I need to uninstall Tribes:Ascend). Both of these options drove me away from their game that I already spent the time to download/research and probably would have kept playing had their developers had their shit together when they put their revenue plan in place.

With planetside 2 they absolutely dont have the first problem, and the second problem is only a matter of balance. (can the aurax grind to get a weapon not feel like a month of playtime for one damn weapon?).

Assuming they hit the right balance on the latter, I see this as the default FTP revenue model for maximization of revenue and player retention. And no, its not pay to win. Its pay to support the damn game so people have the option of freeloading if they want to.