PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Conglomerate Junior Divison
View Single Post
Old 2015-02-13, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
DeathsVirgin
Private

Post Chapter 6: Cold Front

We are flying 30 meters from the snow in our Valkyrie. Our Squad is flying in two separate Valks to the Waypoint, for defensive reinforcements.

I look out to the sky. Strapped in, my feet dangle and the cold air brushes my face. Marie lays her head on my shoulder.

"It so nice," she says gazing at green aurora foregrounding the purple and pink sky filled with stars.

"We're approaching the landing zone," Po says.

"Sh*t! It's pretty hot," Adrian yells over to us.

"If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!" I yell back.

"Oh, I can take the heat!" Adrian challenges. Our Valkyrie begins to pick up speed as we enter the hot zone. Bullets and plasma fly and hit the permeable Valk as Adrian flies over to the roof of the building sheltering the sole capture point.

He hovers 3 meters over the roof. We unstrap out the safety belts. I grab Marie in a cradle carry, and jump out.

She giggles, "You're so romantic."

"Smooth man," Jeb says hopping of with a loud clank of his MAX suit.

I grin as I active the squad beacon.

"Team One, we'll rear back and provide suppressing fire. Team 2, help our guys out," I say. "We're representing the NCJD so try to be efficient."

"Don't need to try" Sarah scoffs.

"This is a good spot to snipe," Marie says proning on her stomach.

"Alright cover us as we cross the bridge to the fire fight," I say.

I jump off of the short roof and my squad follows. We go from cover to cover crossing the bridge with other NC infantry. A bullet whizzes by me. A terran infiltrator lays dead, uncloaked before she falls.

"Damn, thanks" I say.

"You're welcome. Stay frosty," Marie replies.

"Was that an Esamir joke, because that was just dry..." Sarah mutters.

"Kinda like Indar" Jeb says.

"Shut the f*** up you corny MAX," Sarah says.

"Is it that time of the month already?" Adrian asks.

"Shut up Adrian!" Sarah and Marie yell.

"I'm trying so hard not to crash this Valk laughing," Adrian says chuckling.

"OK, you've got the TR sundy, S-AMS, down the hill to your right, then another one 100 meters back behind the Auraxium spikes," Marie informs.

I switch to squad intercom, "Team 2, update."

"We're doing well. Our KD is gonna go 8-1 pretty soon if we keep this up," Jill says.

We dive for cover behind the Auraxium plated road barrier as the Kobalt from the TR rains hell on us.

"Tolky, do you think you can get over and flank them with C-4?" I ask.

Tolky hesitates. "Uh...well sure. I might not come back though."

"Don't worry, I've got a V-AMS if you die," Adrian reassures. "I'll try not get get shot down. I'm flying with some Engineers. Gunners."

"We'll cover you. If you succeed, I'll deliver the final blow."

"I'll mow em' down," Marie adds.

"1, 2, 3!"

I rise from my cover, and begin mowing down Terran infantry. Tolky sprints out of cover, activates his jump jets. I align my blue dot with the heads of Terran infantry and fire as Tolky does a wall run on the snowy mountain wall to our right, jumps off, lands of the sundy, places C-4, flies away, and then detonates it.

The sunderer catches fire and explodes. Shrapnel and scorching car parts go flying.

As Tolky flies over back to us in rejoice, an arm length metal shard cuts through his jump jets and through his body. He falls on the ground with a thud and the white snow spreads red.

Sarah and the rest of us don't hesitate to rush over.

"There's nothing I can do, we pull that out hes gonna bleed to death faster," Sarah says. "He has twenty seconds."

"P-private...you have to," Tolky coughs blood. "You have to go on...without me," he says.

"B-but commander, I can't leave you!" I cry. I hold his trembling, bloody hand with both of mine.

"Be strong, private. Be... strong." Tolky dies.

"Nooooooooooo!" I yell.

"What the f*** is wrong with you two?" Hazel asks laughing.

"Oh sh*t is my squad intercom still on?" I ask grinning.

"What a serious squad leader" says Hazel still laughing.

"It's roleplay. It was a scene from a movie," I try to explain.

"Best squad ever," Jill says.

"But let's get back to combat." Quinn says chuckling.

"Get on my level Jill. 24 and 0 right now" Jerome says.

"You guys keep it up, we're on a Sundy scavenge with the NC infantry," I say.

I set my intercom to team. We follow the infantry as they advance to the next sundy. Unprotected, NC heavies take it out before I can even pull out my rocket launcher. I look at the debris and five infantry dead. We keep moving clockwise around the huge plateau.

"I'm back," Tolky says.

"Haha, nice roleplay," Jeb remarks.

Adrian flies the Valkyrie 10 meters above us. Tolky jumps out and lands with his jets.

"Nice," Marie says.

"The point is secure and the base has been secured," Hazel says.

"Hey that's my line," Jill complains.

Hazel laughs maniacally.

"That laugh though," Jerome says.

"We're heading to you guys," Jill says.

"No, scope out the Vanu. We're taking out TR sundies, but Vanu is still hiding somewhere" I say.

"Roger that." Hazel says.

"I'm gonna punch you" Jill says.

"Aye, you guys might wanna help out here!" one of my NC comrades call out.

"I'm gonna get closer," Marie states.

"Yeah, we'll get closer when this is all over," I say.

Marie giggles.

"Keep it in you pants, Fred," Sarah grumbles.

"Oh sh*t," Jeb says.

Ten Vanu Harassers come at us from the distance.

"You guys are lucky that I'm an Anti-Vehicle MAX," he scoffs.

We join the NC guys and shoot. As they approach I take my rocket launcher out and get a good hit. The buggy explodes. A beam of plasma comes hurdling my way. Without time to react, my leg is gone and the stub bleeds excessively. Chunks of my leg are everywhere. The pain is excruciating and i feel lightheaded as the blood leaves my brain to the snow.

Sarah and another medic begin stream nanites to my head, leg, and stomach.

"Here comes the fun part," I think. An NC engineer drags me to cover as the Vanu Harassers spit explosive plasma at us.

The medics continue. My fractured femur begins to grow back, then my patella. My tibia and fibula grow and finally my feet bones. Bare muscle grows as well as fat, then finally ligaments and skin.

"Thanks sirs," I say.

By the time I get up, ten Harassers lay decimated, most of us dead.

"You had me worried there Freddy," Marie says.

"I ways pull through don't I?" I assure.

"Yeah, and you sure pull out just in time," she giggles.

"What the f*** save that for after" Adrian exclaims.

We begin to walk back to the roof of the capture point.

"I like your outfit," Marie says giving me a hand up onto the roof.

The left leg of my pants and armor is gone. The right leg is torn.

"Yeah, that booty though" Sarah says.

"Hey, that's my boyfriend," Marie says defensively.

"Stop looking at my butt" I chuckle, giving Sarah a hand up.

"OK, we found like one sundy in a ditch and took care of it," Jill says.

"Good work everyone. Rendez vous at the beacon," I say.

Po lands his Valkyrie on top of the roof and gets out.

"F*** is this?" He remarks at my naked thigh. "Is this the new gay battle apparel?"

Sarah snickers.

"No, it's all he could afford," says Jeb.

"Screw you assholes! It's below 20, I don't see any battle wear on you hiding in your plane, and you," I point at Jeb, "I saw you hiding behind a Medic. Try not to be a pus*y next time!"

"Dayum!" says Quinn.

"Haha big bad MAX hiding behind a Medic," says Jerome chucking.

"Screw you guys, Medics are the backbone of the military," Hazel scoffs.

"Yeah, Screw you guys. And not for that reason," Sarah says.

"Haha everyone's such assholes today," says Killian.

"Adrian where the f*** are you, I'm cold, half naked, and I just wanna go to bed. Preferably with Marie," I say.

She giggles and hugs me from behind. Team 2 joins us on the roof.

"Calm your ass down," he says. His Valkyrie lands on the roof next to Po's.

"Let's go home. My ass is hurting from that cliff fall. Haze doesn't have ice"

We strap into the the Valkyrie safety belts. Our Valkyries speed the opposite direction of the NC Galaxy Fleet heading for the Amp station.

"No, it's that ass whooping you got, cause that's the only thing you're good at. They should change your name from Killian to Deathian" says Jeb.

"Ouch," says Po.

"Now you really need ice," Hazel says.

"So salty, calm down" says Quinn. "I need to continue watching this 25th century Earth anime show."

"My girlfriend's waiting at home," Jill says.

"Wow-"

"Jeb, make another lesbian joke and I'll shoot you into the water," she says. We have more friendly banter for a few more minutes until Po takes it too far and Jerome changes the subject.

"I've got a pickup game of bball with some heavies," Jerome says.

"Sarah and I have med simulations" Hazel announces.

"I'm playing freerunning tag with jetpacks on the rooftops of the skyscrapers," Tolky says.

"Screw anime, count me in!" Quinn exclaims.

Adrian begins, "Anyone wanna join me in reading 19th century literature? No? OK.."

Last edited by DeathsVirgin; 2015-02-13 at 10:09 PM.