PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons.
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-02, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

I didn't play in beta, haven't been on these forums in awhile, a nd have been playing since tuesday two weeks ago. I'm now br15/cr3. And after testing out the weapons I believe most are equal. I think the gauss could be a little more accurate because it's useless at any range but long and at that range its too inaccurate and the projectile speed is too slow, I think the pulsar just needs to be overhauled and completely redone, I have no idea what you guys are talking about the jackhammer, it usually takes 4 shots to 5 shots to kill a reinforced within 5 feet of him, it does absolutely nothing at medium range (by medium range i mean 20-30 feet), and you will never ever kill anyone outdoors without either sneaking up on someone or surging like hell. I think the pulsar should have much higher damage then it does now, its sooo weak, and I think the lancer should be toned down against infantry. I don't think the lancer should be used as a sniper rifle. Another thing I find is that the tr maxes are useless against vehicles. Both the dc and the pounder can basically only kill infantry. My suggestion is to make the dc less powerful against infantry and more powerful against vehicles like it was meant to be.
Jackhammer really isnt overpowered, every time i find a chaingun or a lasher i trade mine in, it's just too useless at medium range.

edit: I also think the rocklet should be overhauled, it's just not made for this game. It can kill a reinforced within seconds at any range, and just causes massive amounts of grief for the user. It's overpowered and a grief producer, do the developers want either of those? I highly doubt it, or I hope not.

Last edited by Venoxile; 2003-06-02 at 10:23 PM.