PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Will this game fail?
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Re: Will this game fail?

I think there are a few factors. Some have already been pointed out, but there are also others. There was (and still is to a lesser degree), for instance, a lot of hype about GW2 and how it would change the MMORPG genre dramatically. "Oh it's new questing system and oh it's not got Tank/Heal/DPS and oh blah blah blah." GW2, from what I've seen of it, is definitely a good game, but it isn't the revolutionary game people hyped it up to be. It's got some neat new innovations, but it just isn't quite what people seemed to think it would be.

I think some of the complaints about PS2 are that it isn't quite what people hoped it would be in some cases. Performance/graphics optimization for example, especially in a highly populated battle. Issues with balance or with capture/control systems (although most should realize it's both Beta AND an update-able MMO and thus very much subject to tweaking or even large changes). And it lacks [insert X player's hopes and dreams here] because of technical limitations or infeasibility due to existing design.

Just my thoughts.

Personally I think it will do very well. It might not be quite as pretty as people get shown with the publicity videos on their given system, but the concept is strong, and so far the design seems good for most things that they've put in.