PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Eyefinity and Surround Vision Support?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-10, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: Eyefinity and Surround Vision Support?

Originally Posted by Ieyasu View Post
lol the part when you complained about the associated costs. I dont know you, but I know from your previous post that 1. you didnt know the actual associated costs with getting a multi monitor setup running and 2. that you dont have enough to have one now.

why wait till the fall to pick up ips monitors again? does your ips having better colors or faster response time give you an unfair advantage over someoene with a 5 year old lcd with 10ms response? As I said before the people who tend to be opposed to these things are usually the ones who cannot afford to run them themselves. I for example run 3 monitors and wouldnt mind in the least if someone else wanted to run 6.
It's very simple. I don't put lifestyle expenses on credit. Also, I enjoy image quality (it's why I look to push resolution -- it looks better), and a big part of that is color fidelity, gamut, and brilliance. IPS trumps TN for that. Could I drop $450 on a few decent TN monitors tomorrow? Yes. But then, I'd just be looking to replace them as soon as I saved up to drop $1200 on IPS. So I'll just save up to drop the money on the good stuff in the first place.

The other advantage to IPS monitors? They won't look like crap if I decide to put them in a portrait-orientation multi-monitor setup. You know, as would be the smart decision if the devs agree with me on whether or not enabling large FOV is a smart move for the game's overall health.