PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons.
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-02, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Plato
Sergeant

Is it me or do I sense a few certain individuals afraid of a nerf on that Jackhammer? I don't think it should be nerfed..really, I don't -I'd just like to see the other heavy assault weapons brought in line w/ it. The only possible nerf I can see in my mind is the battering ram use of vehicles. Kerosene said it so well here and I agree totally:

Originally posted by kerosene31
I believe that the developers balanced the realms overall, while not necessarily balancing each individual weapon category. For example, there is no way a pulsar can compete one on one with a gauss or cycler. Supposedly we Vanu have other weapons to make up for that (or so I'm told, I'm still looking).

This whole balancing issue brings up the nerf topic. While I feel that the realms could use a bit more balance, I hope they tweak a few of the weapons out there rather than nerfing others. If the DEVs nerf one weapon, it will start an avalance which will leave us with three whole realms of useless, watered-down, politically-correct weapons.
The problem is that it's going to be unbalancing to balance individual weapons one at a time. But they must all get balanced at some stage, preferably all at once with no nerfing because right now some weapons just really are not worth the cert points..

Last edited by Plato; 2003-06-02 at 11:44 AM.