PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Ridiculous lag!! Please help! :(
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
IRSAudit
Private

Re: Ridiculous lag!! Please help! :(

I have an anecdotal fix for some frame rate issues. Now, I don't have very much hard evidence, besides the couple of times I have tried it. This comes with no warranties, guarantees or promises. YMMV

First off I have a decent, if older system. I7-2600 @ 3.8Ghz (auto OCed from 3.4), Nvidia 560-ti and 24GB of ram. Standing in a small room by myself I get 70fps. Large battles I get ~45fps, sometimes even dipping down into the high 30s. It's all very playable.

So I was standing in this small room I mentioned getting 70fps, fooling with the settings. I went from full screen, to Windowed, and then back to full screen. Actually I think I cycled through the three options for full screen and then back to full screen. My fps jumped to 100 for about 30 seconds, and then held steady in the low 80s. After that everything situation seemed to get about 10-20 more fps for the next half hour, with it slowly dwindling back down to the rates I had previously been seeing.

The only thing I know is that I had never seen 100fps in PS2 before, of that I'm sure.