PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 for Linux?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 for Linux?

Originally Posted by getcarter View Post
Do they even make graphics drivers for that platform?
I know at least Nvidia Has current (500 series, it shows the 600 series as win vista/7 linux 32/64 etc but no xp) drivers for Windows xp/vista/7/8(32/64) Linux 32/64-bit FreeBSD 32/64-bit Solaris 32/64

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/

I have used them on ubuntu and debian desktops, to play games through Wine or native games. I know that Unreal Engine based games, at least the older ones like Unreal tournament, all the Quakes probably some new stuff but not sure, are supported in Linux with OpenGL. But most games need DirectX to run properly. =[

I know I could get EQ2 running on it by importing the dir or something was a few years ago. There was some minor to moderate graphics and texture issues that I could have probably gotten fixed but just installed win7 after a while cause it got to be to much work.

There are a few ventrilo compatible or ventrilo-like programs for linux too that ran pretty good (I used to log into a vent server from the program called Mangler, can't access the webpage on this pc atm some kind of PHP error).

Would be cool to support linux but it would cause some problems. plus most people who use Linux could probably get it working one way or another, although it probably wont look as nice or be as easy to get going.