PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SmedBlog: eSports Support
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-12, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: SmedBlog: eSports Support

Originally Posted by Smed View Post
Dissapointed a lot of folks? For throwing an idea out?

This whole developer/player relationship thing has to be better than that. We have ideas. We throw them out. You like them or not. We make them or not. You play the game or not. We need the feedback loop and we are trying to go way above anything we've ever done and frankly we want to raise the bar in this industry (and there are developers that do this very well so that is a high bar indeed) for interaction with our player community.

I look at this very simply. We make this game for you. You vote both with your feet and your pocketbook. If you don't play, we're screwed.

so let's be able to discuss ideas and not assume the world is coming to an end on December 22, 2012 (launch date for PS2).

Smed
I do apologize. I think I (and likely many others) have just been jaded by other companies, namely Blizzard, who roll out betas and beta forums and then proceed to ignore player feed back completely on top level design concepts. It's no fun to read thousands of post about how some NGE level change to WoW will make the game unfun for people and see Blizzard steam on ahead, because Blizzard knows best. This has happened to me in the Wrath of the Lich King beta, Diablo III beta, and the Mists of Pandaria beta. The bottom line is, Blizzard does whatever Blizzard wants to do, so if you've heard about something changing, it's going to change. Period.

Again, please pardon me for painting SOE with that same brush, because I should know better. I spent a lot of time on SWG forums and I know that SOE put so many of our suggestions into that game before the end (even some of my own). We were well taken care once the kinks were worked out.

I trust you. And now, I also understand where you are coming from. I'll keep these things in mind in the future.

Ps. Pox Nora... lol I actually did play for a couple hours one time and it didn't make any sense to me at all. I figured it would have a tutorial like the SWG/LoN TCG, but I couldn't find one and I was laawwsst!