PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How is voice chat working?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dragonskin
Major

Re: How is voice chat working?

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
On a related note, I don't think proximity voice, empire voice or voice command chat have a place in the game since it does nothing but confuse you to who you're talking to or who is talking to you. In squad, platoon, outfit and in vehicle voice I think are valuable additions.

But so far proxy voice has done nothing but annoy me. Plus that's when hardly anyone uses it. If everyone used it it'd be absolute chaos. I doubt people play to get chaos of random unknown people yelling in their ears.

IMO, adressing a lot of people should be textual, not in the least so people can read back if they're too busy to listen and chip in, plus having a paper trail is always good.
I think proxy chat is a good thing, but only if it works right. I loved proxy chat in MAG because it was easy to quickly tell someone to stop moving so I could repair/heal them without having to actually be in their squad.

It has to work consistantly for it to be of value though. Half the time I can't understand people and then some people are 100% clear... it annoys the piss out of me that I can't set some kind of normalization like vent. You have to manually go to the communications tab and see who is talking and then turn them up individually.. which if there are 20-30 people around it can be hard to tell who is talking.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2012-10-23 at 10:17 AM.