PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle stealing
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: Vehicle stealing

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
In PS2, this raises an issue because vehicles cost (personal) resources. Higby has explicitly stated (ofc I forget when and where ) that they don't want the "rich guy" to spawn 10 tanks for his outfitmates to drive. In part, this kind of spamming is prevented by having timers on vehicle acquisition. But it's still doable ("Here, you drive my tank, and you drive my Lightning, and I'll be in an aircraft") if you can let someone else drive your stuff.
I don't really agree with not letting a "rich guy" spend his resources on helping his team. Timers are fine though. I think you should be able to "lock the seat" or it's fair game for your squad and or faction.

If anyone can grab your tank it opens up a deeper expirience because you have to really think about getting out of your tank or not, if you have a choice to lock it or not that is fine as well, more choices the better. Also it brings into play more thinking if you get out and abandon the tank asset why not let someone else take advantage of it or bring it into the fight?