PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle stealing
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Re: Vehicle stealing

Originally Posted by DrShadowSML View Post
I'm 99% sure that in the E3 footage, other people, even within your empire, cannot drive your vehicle.
People within your Empire can drive your vehicle. Not fitting your army with a bunch of well-certed vehicles is one of the reasons claimed behind having spawn timers.

Ideally there would be a mechanism, such as locking the vehicle or limiting it to squad/platoon or something similar to prevent people greedily taking another person's vehicle without permission. Failing that, there are other alternatives such as considering it griefing but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Ultimately, I think it'll be a fairly rare occurrence even with the inevitable trolls that would do it on purpose. I mean, from what we've seen so far you spawn inside the vehicle, so they'd have to do it on the field, and they likely came up in their own vehicle or are otherwise not in a near enough position to pull it off.

EDIT: Locks should be disabled upon character death (but not death by suicide or friendly fire) if that system is used.

Last edited by Flaropri; 2012-07-24 at 08:21 AM.