PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide 2 Horrible Performance on Linux (Wine)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide 2 Horrible Performance on Linux (Wine)

it would be nice if ps2 ran on linux. i wouldn't need to boot windows ever again. i'm currently dual booting mint and win8 atm. i had a ton of issues getting ubuntu 12 to play nice. i rarely had any trouble with ubuntu 10. 12 running on my amd box has been a nightmare to get working. the main ubuntu unity interface on gnome needs a lot of work. i had trouble getting mint working as well but finally was able to update and not have the whole system take a dump on me. so i'm gonna stick with that for a long time. my network wasn't working due to buffer bloat i think. then i had some video driver issues where the driver kept getting corrupted due to updates. which was very frustrating. if you have an amd system though i'd recommend mint cinnamon seems to work. keep your video drivers handy cause the first major update after you install will possibly hose your video driver and you won't have a task bar. that was what i ran into though last night. was a good learning experience but man i don't wanna deal with that frustration anytime soon again lol. the gui on mint cinnamon though is very nice. very win2k like.

it will be in interesting to see if soe pushes linux. being f2p and with steam beta testing a new linux client it's very possible that gaming could start to lean a bit towards linux in the next few years.

Last edited by Exmortius; 2012-10-09 at 08:34 AM.