PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Inventory and Resupply (Dropping Ammo)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-11, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
dsi
Staff Sergeant

Re: Inventory and Resupply (Dropping Ammo)

Originally Posted by SGTalon View Post
I agree with the Engineer thing. Use your Nanite tool to make ammo packs. When you run out of nanite juice you are out of ammo refills... and repair ability.

Sounds perfect to me.
That actually sounds really cool, stock up your inventory with Nanite Tubes and you can form them into any type of ammunition (different usages of nanites for different types of course) to share with someone else/use for your self.

Needs its own device as well of course, maybe some kind of tiny mortar-sized station that you can carry on your back and have to set down to use? You could stock it up with Nanite Tubes that anyone who walks up to could use, and people with their own Nanite Tubes could use their own instead of the pool's.

Then you have neat tactics introduced like a platoon bringing along a couple of Ammuntion Fabricators and instead of trying to predict what they'll need they'll just carry the weapons and Nanite Tubes to manufacture ammo/grenades along the way. Of course you have to worry about them being destroyed, introducing a low-level objective for everyone!

Larger Ammo Fabs/Large Nanite Tubes could be installed in Lodestars as the way vehicles could re-arm at them, and of course bases would have full sized Ammo Fabs that take off the top of resource income!

This is awesome.