PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Godlike Computer Help
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-07, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
smccord313
Private

I've looked at a lot of different computer companies, and the one I eventually decided on was ABS. I ordered a computer from them that had the same stuff in it as a highend system from Alienware or Falcon for over $700 less. I priced it on all three sites.

No, ABS will not save you as much as building it yourself. But if you don't know how to build a computer yourself or think you will screw something up, this is the best way to go.

ABS has Extreme Editions as well, but I would go with the FX-53 if money is no object. The socket change is coming soon for Intel proccessors, and with the current mobos out, the FX-53 tops the EE in almost every game.

Personally, if you're paying for this yourself, I don't think either one is worth it. You can get a P4 3.4C (or E) or an Athlon 64 3400+ for about a third of the cost of the FX-53 or 3.4EE. You will get performance that is not too far off the mark of these high-end proccessors as well.

So if I were you, I'd do yourself a favor and save some money by ordering your system from ABS and putting an Athlon 64 3400+ or a P4 3.4C (or E) in it. Add a 9800pro (or XT, if you wanna spend the extra money) and a gig of RAM, and you've got a computer that will shread just about any game out there at a constant 60fps.

But it's up to you. If money is no object and you've got a ton to blow with nothing better to spend it on, and you want the absolute fastest rig you can buy, go ahead and order the P4EE or FX-53 system from Falcon. But IMO, it isn't worth the hundreds, or maybe even a thousand or more extra you will pay.

StrikerTek
Planetside KAAOS