PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Be Less Derp
Thread: Be Less Derp
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Re: Be Less Derp

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
Q! Not the james bond guy... not the STTNG god, the key. Right next to "werty".

While pointing at a nearby (200-ish meters?) it lets folks near you know they're there by pointing those spiffy red triangles over the bad guys heads/vehicles.

If you press and hold on a friendly, it'll give you this great radial menu with options like "tell", "mute", and "DROOLING MORON! HOLD STILL SO I CAN HELP YOU!".

If an enemy you spotted is killed, you get a small XP bonus. You can also see an enemy's health if they've been spotted and you aim at them.

Enemy vehicles start off spotted when in range UNLESS they equip a stealth defense module, when they must be spotted manually.

There are plans on the board (or so I'm told) to make Infiltrator spotting Better in some way than the usual stuff. How exactly remains to be seen.

------

Middle mouse button: In any vehicle, middle mouse will let you free look around.

Liberators & free look: The pilot's GUN tracks with their view. It has about the same field of fire/view as an ATV, but some is better than none.

(Pro Tip: Land a liberator on a biolab pad aimed at the entrance and you can be pretty sure no one will survive attempting to come out as you MOW WHEAT!
Awesome - I will remember this for a future one!