PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-09, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #520
Vash02
Major

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
Regardless of who might be targeted more, I refuse to believe that the police are putting black people in jail who have nothing on them. I don't care what race you are you break the law you go to jail. This exact same argument is why the death penalty is being delayed. Apparently people think were executing more black death row inmates then white death row inmates. THEY BOTH DESERVE TO DIE WHO CARES WHO GOES FIRST.
Actually they do put people into jail when they have nothing on them. They bully innocent people into confessing to crimes they did not commit. They do this by piling on loads of charges, even if they have no evidence for these aswell, and they offer the suspect a plea deal (admit to one crime, and the rest get dropped). The suspect can either accept the deal or spend loads of money on an expensive lawyer (or get a free lawyer who has to deal with 10-20 cases a week) to fight the charges.

The US justice system is pretty broken, prosecutors only have the motivation to get convictions, not justice. Prosecutors also have absolute immunity, they can frame innocent people, hide evidence, etc and get away with no punishment.